Assistant Professor job in Biomedicine is available at the Department of Health Science and Technology, Faculty of Medicine, Aalborg University, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
May 09, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||One or more|
|Research Area||– Human Biology|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Health Science and Technology|
|Contract Period||3 Year|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021 or ASAP|
- Appointment as an Assistant Professor presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment.
- Appointment as an Assistant Professor cannot exceed a period of four years in total in a temporary position (appointment at Assistant Professor level cannot exceed a period of eight years in total in Denmark).
- The successful candidate should be MD, veterinarian, or candidate in pharmacy or natural science or equivalent, and hold a relevant PhD degree within human biology, medicine or another relevant topic.
- The candidate should be able to teach in Danish and English. It will be considered an advantage, but not a prerequisite, that applicants have experience with problem-based learning which is Aalborg University’s pedagogical model
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- The main responsibilities of the position are research associated with the area of Biomedicine and teaching, including case facilitation and project supervision, within the educations of medicine and medicine with industrial specialization.
- The successful candidate can demonstrate knowledge and contributions within fields related to one or more of the following research groups and will be affiliated to one of these: Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Molecular Pharmacology, Neurobiological Research and Drug Delivery or Regenerative Medicine.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above.
The application must contain the following:
- A statement outlining your reasons for applying, and intentions and visions with, the position.
- Your curriculum vitae, including personal data, educational background, scientific qualifications, dissemination skills, participation in committees and boards, and additional qualifications relevant for the position.
- A presentation of your research interests, teaching experience
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- A complete list of publications.
- Publications you wish to be considered by the assessment committee. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- A specification of your teaching qualifications relative to the teaching portfolio. If this is not enclosed you must include an explanation for its absence.
Department of Health Science and Technology carries out multidisciplinary research, teaching and dissemination primarily within biomedical engineering, sports science and medicine. The department has more than 250 employees and is responsible for more than 1700 students. More than 100 PhD students are enrolled in the doctoral school affiliated to the department. The researchers are organized in a number of research groups and centres, and the department has at its disposal laboratory and clean room facilities for cell growth, molecular biology, brain analysis, 3D movement analysis, respiratory and circulatory examinations, sensory and motor functions analysis, etc. All study programs at Aalborg University involve problem-based learning, organized around cases and projects.
- You may obtain further information via head of department Kim Dremstrup at email@example.com.
- Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force, teaching portfolio and procedures can be seen here
Tel: (045) 9940 7968
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday May 10th, 2021 (GMT+9)