Interaction design – Assistant Professor in Human Machine Interaction, at the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Architecture, Design, and Media Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 04, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Interaction design|
– Human-computer interaction
– Tangible user interfaces
– Prototype experimentation
– Human-centered and ethnographic methodology
– Physical computing
– Mixed reality
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Technical Faculty of IT and Design|
Department of Architecture, Design, and Media Technology
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
You should have been awarded a PhD in an engineering or computer science program with a focus on the intersection between technology and people.
You are expected to have expertise in at least one, but preferable more, of the topics listed below
Responsibilities/ Job Description
You will be associated with the Human Machine Interaction research group and be expected to carry out research in one or more of the following topics:
- Interaction design
- Human-computer interaction
- Tangible user interfaces
- Prototype experimentation
- Human-centered and ethnographic methodology
- Physical computing
- Mixed reality
Moreover, you will be expected to contribute to teaching on BSc and MSc in Art & Technology and BSc and MSc in Medialogy. You should have been awarded a PhD in an engineering or computer science program with a focus on the intersection between technology and people. You are expected to have expertise in at least one, but preferable more, of the topics listed above.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above.
The application must contain the following:
- A statement outlining your reasons for applying, and intentions and visions with, the position.
- Your curriculum vitae, including personal data, educational background, scientific qualifications, dissemination skills, participation in committees and boards, and additional qualifications relevant for the position.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- A complete list of publications.
- Publications you wish to be considered by the assessment committee. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- A specification of your teaching qualifications relative to the teaching portfolio. If this is not enclosed you must include an explanation for its absence.
About the Department
The Department of Architecture, Design, and Media Technology has as its goal the development of an innovative cluster of engineering-based environments for education and research which integrate creativity, engineering and technology within the disciplines of architecture, urban design, industrial design, digital design and interactive media. The department is a leading research and educational environment in Denmark that addresses the challenge of the interplay between creativity and technology, and develops new areas in research and education directed towards the end-user.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Professor Thomas Moeslund
Sanne V. Hejlesen
Phone (+45) 9940 3972.
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday June 5th, 2021 (GMT+9)