Computer Vision jobs – Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor at the Section for Visual Computing at DTU Compute, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Tenure Track Assistant / Associate Professor|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Computer Vision|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section for Visual Computing, DTU Compute, Technical University of Denmark|
|Contract Period||6 Years|
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). If you are applying for the associate professor position you should also have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
- documented research in one or more application areas such as
- Estimation of radiometric properties of materials
- 3D geometry estimation
- Vision based robot control
- Vision for autonomous vehicles
- Methodologic experience with, inter alia,
- machine learning including deep learning applied in computer vision
- machine vision
- Some familiarity with and willingness to collaborating with end users
- We put a strong emphasis on industrial collaborating in our research so it is important to embrace this kind of development
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Responsibilities/ Job Description
You share the group’s strong interest and knowledge in machine vision and surface reconstruction covering both theoretical and experimental. Your particular focus is on machine learning aspects of computer vision, and you find great motivation in contributing to the develop of the area with both methodological research in deep learning and its application in areas such as autonomous systems and augmented and mixed reality. You will also be working in close collaboration with competent colleagues on the other research areas in the section including computer graphics, biomedical image analysis and image analysis in materials science.
A great part of building up the research is computer vision is attracting funding. You have experience with funding applications and you understand the need for and benefit of computer vision and your adjacent research interests in engineering applications. You are proud and delighted to contribute not only to own funding applications, but also to colleagues’. Therefore, you are also excited to take a leading role in our computer vision research environment, and through this also contribute to other areas such as robot control or autonomous systems, such as collaborating in projects with researchers from other areas and educating candidates specialized in computer vision.
Attracting funding is important for building up the area of computer vision. Currently there is a need for computer vision in many engineering applications, which gives good opportunities for attracting funding. Therefore, it is an advantage if you have experience with funding applications and you understand the need for and benefit of computer vision and your adjacent research interests in engineering applications. You are expected to be part of and take a leading role in our computer vision research environment, and through this also contribute to other areas such as robot control or autonomous systems. This includes collaborating in projects with researchers from other areas and educating candidates specialized in computer vision.
You will be responsible for the teaching of courses and supervision of bachelor, master and PhD projects. If you are not familiar with Danish, you will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for”, please indicate whether you are applying for the position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
About DTU Compute
The Section for Visual Computing is part of the Department for Applied Mathematics and Computer Science (DTU Compute). DTU Compute, is an internationally unique academic environment spanning the science disciplines mathematics, statistics and computer science with an engineering focus. DTU Compute strives to achieve research excellence in its basic science disciplines, to achieve technological leadership in research and innovation, and to address societal challenges in collaboration with partners at DTU and other academic institutions. DTU Compute plays a central role in education at all levels of the engineering programmes at DTU – both in terms of our scientific disciplines and our didactic innovation.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicants qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Head of Section
Professor Anders Bjorholm Dahl
Mobile: +45 5189 6913.
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday April 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)