Few Assistant Professor jobs in the Translational Disease Systems Biology group at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR), University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 17, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||Few|
|Research Area||– Bioinformatics|
– Computational biology
|Workplace||Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR)|
University of Copenhagen
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Not specified|
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic scientists. Since the advertisement covers multiple positions, experience with all of the following is not required, but the successful candidates are expected to have strong qualifications or proven experience within the majority of the following area :
- You have a PhD in bioinformatics, genetics, computational biology, or related discipline of biomedical research
- You are highly experienced in coding using R, Perl or Python
- You have experience working in Unix/Linux-based computing environments and with cloud resources.
- You have a documented research experience in working with data integration of large datasets, by publishing articles in peer-reviewed journals and presenting research results at international conferences
- You have teaching experience within systems biology, and/or an interest in developing your teaching portfolio.
- Preferable you have experience working in large international research consortia
- A special interest in translational research that can lead to novel strategies for patient stratification, diagnostics or treatment regimes is preferred.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
As an assistant professor in the Brunak group you are expected to actively participate in creating and shaping research projects, supervise Master- and PhD students and teach relevant courses as well as yourself perform integrative systems biology and bioinformatics analyses relating to longitudinal cohorts with multi-omics data and health data from European and Danish populations. In addition, the assistant professors will focus on pathway-based methods to identify novel biomarkers and to study mechanistically disease etiology.
The assistant professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- research, including publication/academic dissemination duties
- research-based teaching
- sharing knowledge with society
- participation in formal pedagogical training program for assistant professors
How to Apply?
Your online application must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now’ above. Furthermore your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page)
- CV incl. education, work/research experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position
- A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate. If the PhD is not completed, a written statement from the supervisor will do
- List of publications
- Teaching portfolio if applicable
About Center for Protein Research
CPR comprises a wide range of expertise and resources including proteomics, protein production, bioinformatics and general characterization of disease mechanisms. The Programme for Disease Systems Biology covers many systems level aspects of biology and medicine, including the integration of molecular-level data and healthcare EHR data, including laboratory test data and biomedical texts. You will be joining the Translational Disease Systems Biology group, which is one of three groups in the Programme for Disease Systems Biology at CPR. This group led by Professor Søren Brunak focuses on establishing early competitive advantage in disease-relevant computational analysis across the general areas of bioinformatics, systems biology and medical informatics. We are a diverse and highly multidisciplinary group, which is dynamic and ambitious with many renowned scientific collaborations both nationally and internationally.
- Foreign applicants may find this link useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
- Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Currently, the monthly salary starts at 36,740 DKK/ approx. 4,880 Euro (April 2021-level). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated. The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.
- Non-Danish and Danish applicants may be eligible for tax reductions, if they hold a PhD degree and have not lived in Denmark the last 10 years.
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday May 18th, 2021 (GMT+9)