Civil Engineering – Assistant Professor in Analysis and Modeling of Thermal Energy Systems for Buildings and Districts, at the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of the Built Environment, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 30, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Civil Engineering|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Faculty of Engineering and Science|
Department of the Built Environment
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
- PhD degree in Civil Engineering or similar
- Solid research experience in system simulation and mathematical modeling of HVAC systems and components using the Modelica language
- Strong knowledge of building science, HVAC systems and thermal storage technologies
- Programming skills (e.g. Python), preferably related to the development of automated workflows in building/urban energy simulations
- Hands-on experience in field and laboratory measurements within HVAC system applications
- Experience in indoor climate analyses (e.g. thermal comfort)
- Experience in writing project proposals for national and international funds in the field of HVAC systems, district heating and cooling networks, thermal storage etc.
- Experience of leading roles in research projects (e.g. work package/task leader)
- Teaching experience within the field of building engineering systems
As a person, the candidate should be driven with the ability to work in a team as well as independently and be good at networking. The candidate must have professional skills in English language (written and spoken) .
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The research work will focus on supporting the technological development of energy efficient HVAC systems in buildings and district thermal networks. The research will be conducted using both mathematical modeling techniques and experimental methods. In terms of mathematical modeling, the candidate will contribute to further develop the department’s expertise towards the next generation of modeling tools for building and district design and operation based on the Modelica language. About experimental methods, the candidate will be required to carry out field and laboratory measurement campaigns within HVAC system applications. The candidate should contribute to generate new projects by writing proposals and securing funding. The position will involve teaching duties and supervision of master and/or PhD students.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
The application must contain the following:
- A statement outlining your reasons for applying, and intentions and visions with, the position.
- Your curriculum vitae, including personal data, educational background, scientific qualifications, dissemination skills, participation in committees and boards, and additional qualifications relevant for the position.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- A complete list of publications.
- Publications you wish to be considered by the assessment committee. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- A specification of your teaching qualifications relative to the teaching portfolio. If this is not enclosed you must include an explanation for its absence.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Professor Alireza Afshari
Phone 9940 2393.
HR Partner Lone Ørnsholt
Phone (+45) 9940 3494
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN ANALYSIS AND MODELING OF THERMALENERGY SYSTEMS FOR BUILDINGS AND DISTRICTS (2021-224-03536)
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday July 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)