Assistant Professor Position in Biostatistics is available at the Department of Public Health,University of Southern Denmark, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
June 20, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Assistant Professor Position|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biostatistics,|
– Data science,
– Mathematics or statistics.
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Research Unit for Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Biodemography|
Department of Public Health,
University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
|Contract Period||4 Year|
|Starting date||Sept 01, 2021|
- PhD in biostatistics, bioinformatics, data science, mathematics or statistics. Experience in health science research will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated research contributions in biostatistics, bioinformatics, mathematics or statistics.
- A documented track record of internationally peer reviewed publications.
- A strong interest in pursuing excellence in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and in supervising students and researchers. Experience in teaching and supervising in biostatistics will be an advantage.
- Excellent analytic abilities
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken language)
- Motivated to explore new knowledge and new skills
- A strong team player.
- Experience in statistical programming language.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Focus of the position involves:
- Statistical methods applied to health science data. The biostatistics group works in collaboration on problems involving high dimensional analysis and time to event analysis applied to omics data and generally highly structured temporal data from family studies. The successful candidate should have interest in collaborating in achieving the optimal approach for analysis of such data.
- Biostatistical contribution in health science research. The group contributes to studies from a broad range typically on improving prevention, treatment and prediction for instance from biomarker profiles. The position involves delivering biostatistical expertise and responsibility in such studies with contribution in design of experiment, methodology and analysis.
- The biostatistics group connects with international networks of expertise and the applicants will be expected to engage in new developments and bridging these with locally represented fields.
- The applicant will engage with the biostatistics group in teaching statistics and research methodology at all levels within the Faculty of Health Sciences and in supervising students and researchers from related fields. Also, the applicant will engage in grant application with the biostatistics group and collaborators.
- The applicant will work in a multi-disciplinary team of epidemiologists, geneticists, computer scientists, mathematicians, bio demographers, database managers, and biostatisticians.
How to Apply?
Applications – including the required attachments – must be sent via the above -mentioned link “Apply online”. Only online applications will be accepted.
Attached files must be Adobe PDF or Word format. Each field in the application form can contain up to max. 10 Mb. The application must contain (as pdf.- or docx.-files):
• a motivation letter
• a detailed CV
• degree certificates (inclusive of Ph.D.-diploma)
• a complete and numbered list of publications
• 3 scientific peer-reviewed publications considered by the applicant to the most important for this position. Please notice that one pdf.- or docx.-file must be attached for each publication.
• a teaching portfolio detailing the candidate’s prior teaching experience, teaching skills, and teaching philosophy
• a research plan detailing the candidate’s ideas and plans for her/his future research work.
As an employee at the Department of Public Health you will meet a pleasant working environment, scientifically and socially.
Professor Jacob vB. Hjelmborg (Biostatistics)
Professor. Kaare Christensen (Head of EBB)
Professor Jesper Bo Nielsen (Head of Department)
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday June 21st, 2021 (GMT+9)