Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Cell Factory Development for Production of Industrial Enzymes at DTU Bioengineering, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 31, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Tenure Track Assistant Professor|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biotechnology|
– Molecular biology
|Salary||According to standard norms|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||6 Years|
|Starting date||Not mentioned|
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The candidate possesses a proven record in genetic engineering of filamentous fungi with the aim of producing enzymes for the biotech and pharma industries. The candidate should be able to perform projects ranging from gene discovery to production of candidate enzymes. This should include discovery of novel enzyme candidates by bioinformatics, strong experience in constructing fungal cell factories for heterologous production using high-throughput CRISPR technology or other cutting-edge technology, screening for enzyme activities, and characterization of enzymatic properties.
The purpose of this position is to establish a setup for heterologous production of industrial enzymes in filamentous fungi. The main focus of the position will be strain engineering with the aim of optimizing production in the fungal hosts using metabolic engineering and synthetic biology strategies. Strain engineering should involve high-throughput procedures. Moreover, via collaborations it is possible to run project all the way from a discovery to production in fermenters.
We further expect that you, during the tenure track period, develop an independent research profile/ field, which will allow you to attract external funding, setup a sustainable research group, and become a valued partner for collaboration with both partners in industry and academia.
Tasks will be:
- Establish methods for production of industrial enzymes
- Establish high-through methods for production of enzymes in filamentous fungi
- Establish high-through screening assays for enzymes
- Fund-raising for own research
- Teach in relevant courses in molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry
- Supervise project students at all levels
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research for the tenure track period
- CV including employment history, list of publications, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- Two recommendation letters including contact details of those who wrote the letters
About Tenure Track program
The position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility. We develop talent by offering a career mentor, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and postgraduate teacher training. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Associate Professorship. Read more about the DTU Tenure Track program at DTU at this homepage.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicants qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Professor Uffe Mortensen
Phone: +45 4525 2701.
DTU Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Cell Factory Development for Production of Industrial Enzymes
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday June 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)