Tenure Track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in Energy Systems, in Section for Dynamical Systems, at DTU Compute, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
July 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Tenure Track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Energy Systems|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section for Dynamical Systems|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||6 Years|
|Starting date||Not mentioned|
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). If you are applying for the associate professor position you should also have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
You should also have a strong background in stochastic dynamic modelling and control with experience in applications to energy systems.
More specifically, you should have the following qualifications:
- Experience with mathematical modelling of stochastic and dynamic systems.
- Experience with model-based optimal control of energy systems.
- Experience with stochastic adaptive control.
- Experience with statistics, forecasting and machine learning.
- Experience with methods and tools for symbolic frameworks for automatic differentiation and control (like CasADi).
- Experience with dissemination of international projects.
- enjoy working with complex topics
- enjoy implementing solutions in Python, R or similar
- thrive on collaboration and teamwork
- be self-motivated
Responsibilities/ Job Description
You should thrive in research activities related to stochastic adaptive control and be eager to collaborate in the research concerning stochastic modelling at the Section for Dynamical Systems at DTU Compute. You will be involved in the projects and applications related to energy systems at the section. You set ambitious goals for your own research and have a great personal interest in delivering high-quality teaching.
Specific responsibilities and tasks will include the following:
- You will research stochastic dynamic modelling for adaptive control.
- You will research stochastic modelling using differential and difference equations and with a strong focus on energy systems.
- You will research numerical methods for solving stochastic control problems.
- You will engage in project management activities and funding applications related to your field of research.
- You will work in close collaboration with academic and industry partners in coordination with colleagues (including the section head).
- You will be responsible for teaching activities related to stochastic modelling and control.
- You will contribute to supervision of master and PhD students.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter – please indicate whether you are applying for the position as Associate or Assistant Professor)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
About Research project
The assistant professor position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility. We develop talent by offering a career mentor, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and postgraduate teacher training. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Associate Professorship. Read more about the DTU Tenure Track program at DTU at this homepage.
About DTU Compute
DTU Compute is a unique and internationally recognized academic environment spanning the science disciplines mathematics, statistics, computer science, and engineering. We conduct research, teaching and innovation of high international standard—producing new knowledge and technology-based solutions to societal challenges. We have a long-term involvement in applied and interdisciplinary research, big data and data science, artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT), smart and secure societies, smart manufacturing, and life science.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- The salary for the position will be determined by the applicants qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Professor Henrik Madsen
Tel.: +45 4525 3408.
DTU Tenure Track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in Stochastic Adaptive Control in Energy Systems
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday July 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)