Assistant or Associate Professor in Marketing, in the Department of Social Sciences and Business (ISE), Roskilde University (RUC), Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Social Sciences and Business (ISE)|
Roskilde University (RUC)
|Contract Period||Assistant professor – 3 Years|
Associate Professor – Permanent position
|Starting date||Nov 01, 2021|
Applicants must hold a relevant PhD degree.
- Documented research qualifications within marketing
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals/publishing houses
- Teaching experience at bachelor and master level within business studies
- A keen interest and experience in project-based teaching and teaching in an interdisciplinary environment.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate shall be enterprising and possess good communication skills, and be a visible involved participant in the department’s daily activities, in addition to being willing to engage in disciplinary and interdisciplinary collaboration across the department.
Ability to teach in Danish is a great asset and successful candidates who do not speak Danish (or possibly Swedish or Norwegian) will be requested to acquire the necessary skills in Danish within the first two years of service, so as to ensure that they can participate satisfactorily in teaching activities as well as in academic and administrative activities at the University. At the time of appointment, successful candidates must master English for academic purposes. Potential applicants from outside Denmark will find information about life in Denmark (taxation, healthcare etc.) here.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
If you apply for the position as associate professor, we expect you to maintain a steady rate of publications as well as to make a contribution to the research culture in the department. The associate professor’s work primarily includes research and research-based teaching and supervision at BA and MA level (courses and seminars) and project supervision. In addition to research and research-based teaching, the position also involves sharing knowledge with the rest of society – including participation in the public debate. Furthermore, the associate professor is expected to attract research grants, manage research projects, provide guidance and supervision of PhD students and assistant professors, participate actively in research groups and development of new teaching activities, and engage in external fundraising and other activities to increase funds for the Department as well as take part in academic assessments and other tasks requested by the Department.
The ideal candidate is expected to:
- Demonstrate evidence of a steady rate of publications, a progression in publications over time, as well as current research activity in the form of recent publications at high international level,
- Accomplish research and engage in research cooperation meeting high international standards,
- Contribute to boost the international recognition of the research of the Department,
- Engage in external fundraising to increase funds for the Department,
- Play a role in developing the educational programmes of the Department,
- Contribute to two or more of our educational programmes and take lead in developing a course in digital marketing for our business studies programme
- Contribute to the administrative responsibilities of the Department,
- Participate in the Department’s communication with the broader public,
- Take responsibility for the long-term well-being of the department and RUC at large
- Actively contribute to the research environment by a visible and physical presence at ISE, and
- Promote RUC’s academic reputation.
How to Apply?
To apply for the position please click the Apply Online button mentioned above
Applications must include:
- A Cover letter in which the applicant must clearly indicate whether the application concerns an assistant professor position, associate professor position or both positions
- Documentation of education
- Teaching portfolio (read more about teaching portfolio at Roskilde University here)
- A complete list of publications
- A maximum of 5 relevant scientific works that you want included in the assessment. If any of the publications that you want included in the assessment are the result of a joint effort, the extent and the nature of your contribution to each individual work must then be clarified in a co-author statement (find template here)
- Research plan (Max 2 pages).
About the Department
In announcing this position, ISE looks to develop its research and teaching in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing, especially as it pertains to digital marketing, ethics and social responsibility of marketing, experiential marketing, marketing and artificial intelligence, service marketing, strategic marketing, and/or tourism and destination marketing. The Department is interested in applicants who seek an interdisciplinary research and education environment.
ISE conducts interdisciplinary, collaborative and socially engaged research based on anthropology, business studies, development studies, economics, legal studies, political science, and sociology. It is an innovative and interdisciplinary university environment characterized by academic and methodological diversity in research and education. The department’s researchers put emphasis on research methodologies and they share a commitment to understanding businesses and society in diverse contexts of change and global engagement. We produce research at the highest international level that feeds into our educational programmes, while simultaneously leveraging our research to impact social, economic and political change. Research in the department is organised in research groups. The selected candidate is expected to work closely with for instance sociologists, economists, political scientists, and anthropologists in one of these groups. Read more at https://ruc.dk/en/department-social-sciences-and-business.
The employment is full time and you will refer to the Dean of Social Sciences, Peter Kragelund.
The position will be filled according to the Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC) and Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
Dean of Social Sciences Peter Kragelund
Tel. (+45) 4674 3335
Associate Dean for Education Bodil Damgaard
Phone: +45) 4674 2251
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)