The Quantum Software Consortium (QSC) is inviting applications for its program of prestigious 3-year fellowships, called Ada Lovelace Postdoctoral Fellowships, which has the explicit aim of hiring talented female researchers.
Quantum Software Consortium (QSC)
Quantum Software Consortium (QSC) is a project of the University of Amsterdam, Leiden University, Delft University of Technology, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI) and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. It is funded by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science through the Dutch Research Council (NWO).
The consortium is organized around three themes of algorithmic development:
- For quantum computers
- For quantum networks
- For quantum cryptography
A fourth hardware theme, the demonstrator, provides a distributed quantum-computing network linking the three sites of the consortium and The Hague, to test designs arising from the three software themes. World-class hardware for demonstrating quantum algorithms is furthermore available via QuTech, Leiden, and Amsterdam outside this proposal. More information is available via http://quantumsc.nl/Research/Overview/
The subject matter of a candidate’s proposed research is free, as long as it contributes to the scientific program of the QSC. As of 2020, there is a continuous open call for Ada Lovelace Fellowships.
Applications will be evaluated after the closing dates of January 31, March 31, May 31, July 31, September 30, November 30.
How to Apply?
Candidates can be proposed in the following two ways:
- The proposal by one of the QSC senior researchers (researcher at one of the QSC partner institutes on a tenure track or more senior position),
- Application by the candidate, accompanied by a supporting letter by a QSC senior researcher.
In both cases, the proposal should include
- CV and list of publications
- Description of the proposed research
- Description of embedding in the QSC (preferred location, collaborators)
- Up to three names of scientists who can be contacted for reference letters
Evaluation & Fellowship Grant
Applications will be evaluated after the closing dates of January 31, March 31, May 31, July 31, September 30, November 30. In 2020 two fellowships can be granted.