7 Postdoc Positions (AI Fellow and AI Research Fellow) to work in the broad field Mathematics, Physics, Computational Sciences, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning at KIAS Center for AI and Natural Sciences, South Korea – Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) (Artificial Intelligence Jobs)
Deadline to Apply
Apr 30, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +9)
Note: Please find the “APPLY button in the bottom of the advertisement page after you are redirected from here by clicking the above button”
|No. of Position(s)||7 (1 + 6)|
|Research Area||– Mathematics|
– Computational Sciences
– Artificial Intelligence
|Salary||According to Standard Norms|
|Workplace||KIAS Center for AI and Natural Sciences|
|Contract Period||3 Year|
- Doctoral degree in relevant research fields (Mathematics, Physics, Computational Sciences, Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence) (Applicable for those who are conferred with a Doctoral degree by August)
- Qualified under “State Public Officials Act” of Korean Government. (Disqualifying factors are listed in Article 33.)
- All research areas of Mathematics/Physics/Computational Sciences
- Theoretical Machine Learning
- High-dimensional computational geometry
- Statistical Learning Theory/Statistical Inference
- Information geometry
Application of AI to basic science
- High energy physics
- Statistical Physics
- Materials Science
- Chemical/Biological Sciences
- Brain science/Neuroscience
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The candidates for AI Fellow are not only expected to present deep and broad knowledge on artificial intelligence and machine learning, but also capable of leading other AI research fellows, organizing conferences and workshops, and establishing international academic networks.
How to Apply?
Through online (Please find the “APPLY” button in the bottom of the advertisement page after you are redirected from here by clicking the above ‘apply now’ button)
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Research statement, and reference letters from 3referees
- Note that referees are required to directly upload their reference letters via the KIAS recruitment webpage. Alternatively, referees can also submit their reference letters via email (email@example.com).
- To avoid the conflict of interest, KIAS professors cannot serve as referees
Step:1 Initial Screening (Early to mid May, 2021 – Subject to change)
- Suitability of the research topics
- Excellence in the research performance
- Potential for the future development
Step:2 Interview (Mid to late May, 2021 – Subject to change)
- Demonstration of expertise in the relevant research fields
- Perspectives for the future research direction
- Presentation skills
As the first research institute for basic sciences in the nation, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) was founded in 1996 by Korean Government to promote excellence in the basic science research. Located in Seoul, KIAS provides a unique research environment, where its members as well as visitors can enjoy constant academic stimuli and friendly administrative support.
Period of Apointment
- The initial appointment for the position is for two years with the possibility of a one-time renewal of two or three additional years, depending on the research performance and the needs of the research program at KIAS.
- The actual period of appointment can be adjusted if the research program requires such adjustments.
- Salary is to be determined according to the KIAS personnel regulations and guidelines.
- Benefits include the coverage of 4 major social insurances; national pension, health insurance, employment insurance, and industrial accident compensation insurance.
- The salary and other working conditions of the position will comply with the KIAS personnel regulations and guidelines.
- The job offer can be withdrawn if the information provided in application materials is found to be false.
- The review process can be closed without selecting the candidates for the next stage of review if none of the applicants are found to be suitable for the position.
- Applicants should take full responsibility for any consequence resulting from the false information, omissions and errors in application materials, the omission of required documents, and so forth.
- Applicants can request the return of application materials within the period of three months after the final announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of “Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act” of Korean Government.
Post expires at 11:59pm on Friday April 30th, 2021 (GMT+9)