2 Postdoc Position in Grid-Forming Power Electronic Systems is available at the Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 19, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||2|
|Research Area||– Electronics|
– Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark|
|Contract Period||2 Year|
|Starting date||Jul 01, 2021|
- PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment.
- Applicants should be highly motivated with the background control and modeling development of grid-interactive power electronic systems.
- The following working experiences are required:
1) Hardware design and experimental tests of Modular Multilevel Converters (MMCs) and/or 3-level inverters
2) FPGA and DSP programming for power electronics systems
3) Small-signal modeling and dynamic analysis of grid-connected power converters
4) Transient stability and nonlinear dynamic analysis of grid-converter interactions
5) Controller design and testing of grid-forming inverters
- A high proficiency in oral and written English is required.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Research areas will be within grid-forming power electronic systems with focus on the control system development, covering both control hardware design and software programming with FPGA/DSP for modular multilevel converters (MMCs) and 3-level inverters, small-/large-signal modeling and dynamic analysis of grid-converter interactions, and control methods with high stability robustness in a wide range of grid conditions.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button mentioned above.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About the Department
The Department of Energy Technology is a dynamic engineering research department in continuous growth and inspiring surroundings. The department has a very international environment and covers all areas of clean and sustainable energy systems of the future within electrical, thermal and mechatronic energy technology.The department has campuses in both Aalborg and Esbjerg. The mission is to be world leading in both research and research-based education of the energy engineers of the future. The department has approx. 300 employees of many nationalities, of which 24 are administrative staff. In addition, the department constantly has approx. 50-70 guest researchers from around the world. Research and teaching are in the absolute world elite in the field of energy, and we have extensive and leading workshop and laboratory facilities, where research and innovation are carried out in direct collaboration with industry to a great extent.
- For further information concerning the application procedure, please contact HR-Service centre EST by mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here
- Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
Professor Xiongfei Wang
Tel: +45 2136 9166
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday May 20th, 2021 (GMT+9)